Asthma Action Plans
Are you prepared for Asthma?
During Spring GPs see an increase in patients needing help with allergies brought on by airborne allergens that can trigger Asthma.
If you are Asthmatic it’s important to ensure that you have an Asthma Action Plan. This was an initiative started by the National Asthma Council to help people control their symptoms better.
The idea behind the plan is to put in place a strategy for the day to day management of Asthma; including days when our asthma is stable and days when it seems worse.
We consider this to be important. According to the Australian Institute of Welfare and Health – 1 in 10 Australians are affected by Asthma.
In 2012-2013 there were 37, 700 hospitalisations for Asthma alone.
Please come and see your doctor at Active Medical if you:
- Suffer from coughing, wheezing or shortness of breath
- Have asthma and don’t have an asthma action plan.
- Are low on asthma medications or haven’t reviewed your medications for a year or more. Your doctor can review your current dose to stop, reduce or increase depending on your clinical history and situation.
- Are using Ventolin at a daily or even weekly rate.
- Would like to understand how to identify asthma symptoms – so you can better care for your health, as well as your family.
Asthma can be managed with the right medical advice so it’s important to work together with our doctors to get on top of your symptoms.
Make a BULK BILLED appointment with Dr Kim Tran and our team to address your health concerns.
BOOK ONLINE or phone our friendly team on 9363 0954 for a booking.